The 2005 Hello Garci scandal, also known as the 2004 Presidential election rigging controversy, is one of the controversies against the President Gloria Arroyo. AMA, using its income from the university, commissioned four related SWS national public opinion surveys dated October 22 and 27, 2005.  These questions are:
1) The Congress and Senate are just wasting money and time in their investigations regarding jueteng and the Garci tapes, 2) The opposition does not have a clear plan for the country. Its only objective is to bring down the current administration, 3) Often, news on television, on radio and in newspapers are purely negative and are no longer helping the country, 4) In spite of the accusations being hurled against Pres. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, she still continues to implement good reforms.
Many militant groups and opposition politicians questioned the survey questions. The results of the survey are:
- On the first test statement, about half (54%) of Filipinos agree, while a fifth (22%) disagree, and another fifth (20%) are undecided. The net agreement is +32, indicating moderate agreement;
- On the second test statement, 37% of Filipinos agree, while 28% disagree, and 31% are undecided. The net agreement is +9, indicating a split opinion;
- On the third test statement, 41% of Filipinos agree, while 29% disagree, and 28% are undecided. The net agreement is +12, indicating a slight agreement.
- On the last test statement, 37% of Filipinos agree, 34% disagree, and 26% are undecided. The net agreement (% agree minus % disagree) is +3, indicating a split opinion.
Filed under: Controversies Surrounding the AMA Education System | Tagged: hello garci scandal |